On July 3, 2017 a new version of the order "On approval of Rules of rendering of emergency medical care in the Republic of Kazakhstan" No.450 approved by the Order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan entered into force.
Emergency medical assistance is of two types – emergency and urgent. Emergency care is provided in cases of threat of life of the patient. Urgent
one is provided when there is no direct threat of life, but the disease is in acute stage and the help tis needed as quick as possible. Both types are provided by the "first aid" service. However, there are cases when a person must call General practitioner, not resorting to "Ambulance".
The main task of the ambulance is to stop an acute condition (i.e. relieve symptoms or to save the patient's life prior to arrival at the hospital), not giving any recommendations for further treatment.
Emergency medical service (further - EMS) – is a form of medical assistance in the case of diseases and conditions requiring emergency medical care to prevent significant harm to health and (or) remove threats to the life, and, if necessary, transport organs (parts of organs) for subsequent transplantation;
Emergency is a form of medical care that requires urgent medical intervention to prevent significant harm to health or elimination of threat to life when the sudden acute disease, trauma, sudden deterioration of health, exacerbation of chronic diseases.
Medical emergency – is a form of medical care for sudden acute illnesses, injuries, sudden deterioration of health, exacerbation of chronic diseases without obvious signs of threat to the life and health;
The Emergency Department at primary health care (hereinafter – PHC) is a structural unit of organization providing round clock emergency care to the population;
Another type of assistance is the one rendered by General practitioners at home. In addition to emergency aid, therapeutic tactics is determined here and the patient is observed until recovery. If necessary, the doctor can immediately take a test or make the decision to hospitalize. If a person suffers from serious chronic diseases, it is desirable to have analyses and other research data for earlier periods of treatment.
Ambulance services are also provided by ambulance services and includes.
Sanitary aircraft (further - SA) – a form of providing emergency medical care to the population in case of impossibility of rendering of medical aid because of lack of qualified personnel at the location of the patient and (or) medical equipment or the transportation of the patient and organs (part of organs) and tissues for subsequent transplantation to the appropriate medical organization of air and ground transport;
Categories of urgency for emergency.
All the calls are divided into 4 (four) categories:
1) 1 category – the patient's condition poses an immediate threat to life, requiring immediate medical attention. The arrival - 10 minutes.
2) 2 category of urgency – the patient's condition, potentially life threatening without medical assistance. The arrival of the ambulance - 15 minutes.
3) 3 (third) category of urgency – the state of the patient representing a potential threat to health without medical care. The arrival of the ambulance - up to 30 minutes.
4) the 4 (fourth) category of urgency – the condition of the patient caused by an acute illness or exacerbation of chronic disease, without a sudden and obvious violations of organs and systems, in the absence of direct and potential threats to life and health. The arrival - 60 minutes.
In order to assess the patient's condition and determine the amount of medical assistance the ambulance teams use the 3N system (Triage system). There are three levels of emergency medical care:
1) red level – 1 – 2 categories of urgency, accepted at the level of the ambulance station;
2) yellow level – 3rd category of urgency, accepted at the level of the ambulance station;
3) green level – 4th category of urgency served on the office level in primary care.
3. The call handling time from receipt by the Manager before transferring to service is 5 minutes.