The Center for Management organizations
The Center for Management (hereafter- CM) was established by the Order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 22, 2011 No. 212 “On ensuring the functioning of the Center for Management created under the Project” and it is a structural division of the Republican Center for Health Development (hereafter- RCHD)
The Observatory of Human Resources for Health was created by the Order of the Vice-Minister of Health No. 173 “On the creation of a system for planning and forecasting human resources for health”. It was established on April 7, 2014. The division is the part of the structure of the Center for Management.
The Corporate Structure of the Center for Management
Ensuring the effective management and development of competition in the field of healthcare based on the development of modern management; improving the corporate management system; planning and forecasting mechanisms; monitoring staffing in healthcare organizations; evaluating the development of human health care capital.
Research and project activities
- development of projects of normative legal acts and corporate documents;
- methodological and consulting support in the development and improvement of the corporate governance system;
- management of corporate secretaries of medical organizations;
- assistance in the process of practical implementation of corporate governance standards, adapted to specific conditions;
- implementation of training programs in the field of corporate governance.
- The Center has conducted 7 research and project works in the field of health management.
- Research and project work are carried out on human resources in healthcare within the framework of the “Strategic Human Resource Management” project.
- Guidelines were developed for planning and forecasting and modernizing human resources, determining shortages, developing methods for maintaining statistics in HR and harmonizing it with WHO recommendations and Eurostat.
- Timing studies were conducted in order to develop minimum workload standards for healthcare organization professionals.
- CM has designed a layout of the professional register of Human Resources for Health.
- A model program and a national policy for managing human resources for health were approved.
- Educational activities on planning, monitoring, evaluating and forecasting human resources for health are conducted for managers and specialists of human resources services of regional health departments.
The Center also developed:
- 11 guidelines in the field of health management
- 11 guidelines on human resources for health
- Guidelines "Methodological principles of corporate governance in medical organizations";
- Guidelines for the creation of a collegial management body in medical organizations;
- Methodology of criteria for assessing the level of development of corporate governance in medical organizations;
- Methodology with the draft system of rating the effectiveness of corporate governance in medical organizations;
- Methodology with criteria for evaluating independent directors who are members of the Supervisory Boards;
- Methodology according to the evaluation criteria of the members of the Supervisory Board, incl. Corporate Secretary;
- Practical guidance for the implementation of corporate governance standards.
Information and Advisory Activities:
- Formation of a database of health managers and a personnel reserve for senior positions in the healthcare sector
- Publication of articles in the industrial and republican print media
- Interaction with international consultants
- Continuing professional development is held on the topics: “Corporate Governance”, “Management”, “HR Management. Modern technologies of Human Resource Management ", etc. (more than 500 specialists in healthcare have been trained in 2018)
Methodological support for the implementation of corporate governance:
- The standard forms of corporate documents are updated and approved for use.
- Guidelines and methodologies have been developed in the field of corporate governance.
- Amendments are made to the corporate governance regulations.
- Order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 8, 2017 “On recognition of the order to become invalid. Of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan "dated September 10, 2011 No. 601
- Order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated September 17, 2018 No. 540 “On some issues of development of the healthcare industry”
- Conclusion of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Amendments to the Order of the Minister of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated February 20, 2015 No. 114 “On the approval of the criteria for state-owned enterprises on the right of economic management, supervisory boards created”
- Order on Acting Of the Minister of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 75 dated February 26, 2018 “On Amendments and Addenda to the Order of the Minister of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 113 dated February 20, 2015” to the persons elected to the Supervisory Board, as well as the Rules for the competitive selection of members of the Supervisory Board and the early termination of their power"
- Changes to the draft of Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On people's health and the healthcare system”
- Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 28, 2018 No. 208-VІ “On Amendments and Additions to Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Health Issues”
Internal regulatory documents
Documents for medical organizations:
- Standard form of strategic plan
- Standard annual report form for publication on the website
- Draft Regulation on Information Policy
- Privacy Instructions Draft
- Personnel Policy Draft
- Code of Conduct Draft
- Classifier of an Internal Regulatory Document in an organization
- Rules on websites development of medical organizations
- Standard form of regulations on Supervisory Board
- Standard form of business plan of Supervisory Board
- Standard form of wage regulations in medical organizations
- Standard form on Regulations for the Secretary of the Supervisory Board in medical organizations
- Agreement with a member of the Supervisory Board
Documents for Joint-Stock Companies (JSC):
- Privacy Instructions Draft
- Personnel Policy Draft
- Draft on Code of Business Ethics of JSC
- Draft on JSC Corporate Governance Code
- Draft on the Risk Management Policy
- Draft on the Regulation on the Corporate Secretary of JSC
- Regulation on the Independent Directors Draft
- Draft on the Regulation of the Supervisory Board
- Draft on the Regulation on the Internal Audit Service
- Draft on the Regulation on the Board of Directors of JSC
- Draft on the Evaluation Regulation
- Draft on the Regulation of Information Policy
- Draft on the Regulation of the settlement of corporate conflicts and conflicts of interest
Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
- KPI for monitoring the performance of medical organizations
- KPI for monitoring the performance of non-medical healthcare organizations
- KPI for monitoring the performance of medical universities
- KPI for monitoring the performance of research institutes, research centers
Recommendations and methodologies
– Methodological recommendations "The introduction of the principles of search and selection criteria of personnel on a competitive and collegial basis on the position of Senior Management (managerial and financial staff) of medical organizations)
- A training is conducted on “Corporate governance in the field of healthcare” and “HR Management: Modern Technologies of Human Resource Management".
- A distance course
- On-site course
- In 2019, the Center for Management plans to continue training of specialists in the field of healthcare management on the basics of corporate governance, as well as providing consulting services on the implementation of corporate governance principles in healthcare organizations.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the activities of medical organizations with the exception of subordinate republican organizations depending on the implementation of corporate governance principles
- Evaluation of members of the supervisory board in 2 medical organizations in 5 regions
- Rating assessment of corporate governance effectiveness in the subordinate organizations
- Conducting a rating assessment of the effectiveness of corporate governance in the public health organizations in the context of 10 regions with 3 organizations in accordance with the requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Rating assessment of personnel services in medical organizations
Discussion on staffing and motivation of health workers
Meeting with CEOs of medical organizations in Astana and Akmola region