History of RCHD
The Republican state enterprise on the right of economic management "Republican Center for Health Development" of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter - RCHD) was established by the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan #133 as of February 14, 2011 "Issues of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan".
The charter of RCHD is approved by the order of the Chairman of Committee of the state property and privatization of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan #179 as of March 18, 2011. The RCHD registered in Department of justice of the city of Astana with obtaining registration documents on March 25, 2011.
Later, according to the resolution of the government of the Republic of Kazakhstan #1076 as of October 10, 2013, the RCHD was divided into two independent organizations:
- RSE on REM "Republican Center for Health development" of MoH of RoK
- RSE on REM "Republican Center for E-Health " of MoH of RoK (www.ezdrav.kz)
The institutional basis for the establishment of the RCHD
The RCHD created through the merger of two organizations in 2011:
- Republican Information and Analysis Center (RIAC) *
- Institute for Health Development (IHD) **
* The RIAC was created by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan #2017 as of December 4, 2009 by merging regional medical informative-analytical centers. The RIAC was headed by Professor Abilkasimov Erasyl Abilkasimovich. The main task of the RIAC was the informative-analytical support of health care system reforms. In 2011, the RIAC became a part of the RCHD.
** The Institute for Health Development was the successor of the Scientific Center for Medical and Economic Problems of Healthcare, created by the Resolution of the Cabinet of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About opening of scientific center of medical and economic problems of health care of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan" #802 as of July 18, 1994.
The directors of the Scientific Center of Medical and Economic Problems of Healthcare were well-known healthcare policy makers of the Republic of Kazakhstan such as:
- Zhuzzhanov Ormanbek Tuyekbayevich,
- Slazhneva Tatyana Ivanovna,
- Abilkasimov Erasyl Abilkasimovich,
- Kim Sergey Vasilyevich
The directors of the Institute for Health Development were:
- Birtanov Elzhan Amantayevich (2005 - 2008),
- Shoranov Marat Edygeevich (2008 - 2009),
- Belonog Anatoly Aleksandrovich (2010),
- Kaptagayeva Aygul Kayratovna (2010-2011).
The Institute for Health Development provided scientific and methodological support for the implementation of the State Program for Healthcare Reform and Development in the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2005-2010. In 2011, the IHD became part of the RCHD.
The role of the World Bank Project in the healthcare sector of the Republic of Kazakhstan
The creation of the RCHD through the merger of the RIAC and IHD in 2011 coincided with the implementation of the World Bank’s Project on Technology Transfer and Institutional Reform in the Healthcare Sector of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main Centers (divisions) of the RCHD were established within the framework of the Project. The institutional structure of the Centers, basic technologies and methodologies of activities have been brought in line with the best international practices. The training of relevant personnel has also been ensured.
The successful implementation of the State Program "Salamatty Kazakhstan" for 2011-2015, the development and implementation of the State Program "Densaulyk" for 2016-2019, the key healthcare reforms are being conducted with the active participation of the RCHD.
In different periods, the directors of the RCHD were the leading healthcare policy makers:
- Kulzhanov Maksut Karimovich,
- Akhmetov Valikhan Isayevich,
- Bayzhunusov Eric Abenovich,
- Ismailov Zhumagali Kazybayevich.
From 2015 to 2017, the adviser of the Director General was healthcare manager-Yermekbayev Kanat Kartaevich, who contributed to the continuity of the RCHD projects and the development of partnerships with key stakeholders in healthcare.